Transworld, Inc. had a great time last night at the James Island PSD Fire Department’s Annual Fire Prevention Night!
We enjoyed being able to support and honor the local fire departments and to help educate the community on fire prevention. Electrical fires account for over 20% of structural fires. We hope that through awareness and education we can help reduce the number of fires in the community.
Thank you to everyone who shared a fire safety tip or story to enter into our raffle to win a night to the movies. We enjoyed reading through all the fire safety tips and here are some of our favorites!
- Check batteries in smoke detectors
- If there is a fire, GET OUT!
- Stop, drop, and roll.
- If you have a grease fire, throw flour or salt to extinguish it.
- ALWAYS keep fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Don’t walk away from a toaster if you are using it.
- Be very careful if you are cooking on high.
- Don’t pour water on a grease fire, it’ll go BOOM!
- Don’t leave candles burning.
- Don’t leave laundry in the dryer if you are not at home.
- Pets and Children should be out first if there is a fire.
- E.D.I.T.H. – Exit Drills in the House.
- Check your smoke alarm batteries every 6 months (Daylight saving time).
- Stay Low.
- When you get set on fire: stop, drop, and roll.
- If there is a fire, go down the pole (if there is one) and call 911!
- Know the way out or down.
- Remember to check the batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Don’ burn garbage in the City of Charleston.
- Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.
- Never bring water or drinks near electrical wires or outlets
Congratulations to our movie ticket winners, Holly and Amanda!!