Here are some of this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home by using the grid shared below. Make sure you mark two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit and share it with all members of your household.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
Click the link below to download a grid so you can draw a map of your home.
Fire Escape Plan Grid