Transworld Electric understands your commitment to following OSHA standards and keeping your employees safe from any electrical hazards. We can handle all your NFPA 70E training needs.
Fill out the contact form below to learn more about our NFPA 70E training options.
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.333(a) states that employers must employ safety-related work practices to prevent electrical shock or other injuries resulting from either direct or indirect electrical contact.
NFPA 70E is the tool employers can use to meet this OSHA requirement.
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with electrical safety including electrical engineers, safety managers, electricians,electrical contractors, plant managers, facility maintenance personnel, electrical inspectors, risk managers, mechanical engineers, HVAC installers, designers, and project managers.
Upon completion of the series you should be able to:
- Explain why a safety program directed at electrical hazards is necessary and beneficial
- List the elements of a procedure for establishing an electrically safe work condition
- Identify the required elements of a risk assessment and explain the difference between electrical hazards and risk
- Identify the information needed for shock hazard analysis
- Explain the intent and limitations of PPE prescribed by NFPA 70E
- Identify maintenance requirements for various types of electrical equipment and protective equipment
This course is an important part of meeting the NFPA’s requirement for training qualified personnel on safe work practices and how to implement them. During the seminar, we will cover Chapters 1 and 2 of the NFPA 70E 2018 Standard for Electrical Safety, as well as relevant portions of NFPA 70B and NETA Standards.
In addition, we will discuss:
- What is Arc Flash?
- Flash Protection Boundary & Limits of Approach
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- NFPA 70B Maintenance & Testing Methods
- NFPA 70B Equipment Testing Procedures and Intervals
- Components of an Effective EPM Program
Cost for training is $650/day or $1050 for both days and includes breakfast, lunch, 2018 NFPA 70E Standard Book and the course workbook.
Certificate of Completion will be provided to each attendee.
NFPA 70E Electrical Safe Work Practices & Safety-Related Maintenance