Electrical Panel and Service Upgrades
Transworld Electric offers electrical panel repairs and upgrades in Charleston, SC and the surrounding areas.
Our licensed electrician can help determine if your electrical panel needs repair or upgrading and make sure that your home stays safe.
Fill out the contact form below for a free consultation.
Electrical panel service repairs and upgrades include:
- New Main Panel Installation
- Sub Panels
- Main Grounding Systems
- Fuse to Breakers
- Circuit breaker replacement
- Circuit breaker installation and upgrades
- Rewiring the electrical panel
- Bus bar replacement
- Relocating electrical panel due to moisture or other concerns
Many older homes have undersized or outdated electrical service and distribution panels that aren’t able to support the electrical demand that many modern appliances put on your home’s electrical system. This causes many problems such as overloading and doubling up circuits which is dangerous and can lead to house fires. Hiring a licensed electricians to upgrade your electrical panel can help eliminate these potentially dangerous situations.
Below we have shared some questions to see if your home may be in need of a service or panel upgrade:
- Does your Home still have an old style fuse panel or an old circuit breaker panel?
- Are circuits overloaded? Have circuits been tripping?
- Has new wiring been added over the years? Does it meet code?
- Has your Insurance Company refused to renew your home insurance policy?
- Do you notice flickering lights?
- Do you have to turn off an appliance in order to use another plugged into the same circuit?
- Do you hear crackling sounds from the electrical panel?
- Do you see corrosion and rust on the circuit breakers?
- Does the interior of the electrical panel feel warm?
- Are appliances running at less than full power?
- Are all outlets near water sources – such as sinks, tubs, dishwashers and clothes washers –GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters)? All of these areas require GFCI outlets to stop the electricity and prevent electrocution if any appliance comes in contact with water.
- Are you always using extension cords?
- Does your home have a 60-amp electrical service?
- Does your home has 100-amp electrical service, but can’t operate some appliances?
Answering yes to any of the questions listed above, are signs that your home may be in need or an electrical service or electrical panel upgrade. Transworld Electrical recommends calling a licensed electrician near you to inspect your electrical system.
Having a safe and reliable electrical system will not only give you peace of mind that your home is electrically safe but you will also receive the many benefits listed below
- Modern circuit breakers panels are more convenient and are built to far higher safety standards than outdated fuse panels.
- Extra protection is incorporated into the latest equipment in the form of circuit breakers.
- These circuit breakers protect every device in the house, with sensitive circuitry that responds quickly if there is a fault, opening the circuit and eliminating the risk of danger.
- There is also excellent protection available in the form of Ground-Fault Circuit Breakers and Arc-Fault Circuit Breakers.