Ladder Safety Month
March is Ladder Safety Month and Transworld Electric is proud to be supporting the fifth annual National Ladder Safety Month. This important national initiative will heighten awareness and promote the safe use of ladders.
Every year, thousands of people are injured through the misuse of ladders. National Ladder Safety Month will heighten awareness of safe ladder use, reinforce safety training and educate homeowners and working professionals.
At Transworld Electric, we believe ladder safety and proper ladder safety training is invaluable. Transworld Electric is excited to be taking part in this initiative by sharing important ladder safety tips below and throughout the entire month on our social media pages.
Please join us in spreading awareness about the importance of ladder safety at home and at work. Below are some resources that the American Ladder Institute has shared to educate the community during Ladder Safety Month.
Choosing Your Ladder
- Safety begins before the first step. Are you using the right ladder for the job? Check out ALI’s tips on choosing the right ladder and join us this #LadderSafetyMonth. https://www.americanladderinstitute.org/page/Ladders101
Safety Before the First Step (Inspection and Set Up)
- Inspection and Set-Up – don’t neglect, inspect! Learn more about proper ladder inspection: https://www.americanladderinstitute.org/page/BasicLadderSafety
Safety While Climbing
- Safety while climbing the ladder: maintaining three points of contact, refraining from sudden movements, focusing your attention on the climb, and more. Check out additional tips for a safe climb: https://www.americanladderinstitute.org/page/BasicLadderSafety
Safety at the Top
- The most important ladder safety rule to keep in mind at the top of the ladder is maintaining your center of gravity – don’t reach! For more tips on ladder safety, visit: https://www.americanladderinstitute.org/page/BasicLadderSafety
Safest Ladder for the Job
- Washing windows? Cleaning gutters? Painting your living room? Whatever the task at hand may be, check out these ladder safety infographics to stay safe during the job. https://www.laddersafetymonth.com/Safety-Resources/Infographics #LadderSafetyMonth