What is TEGG?
TEGG is a electrical hazard detection service that will protect your electrical distribution system – and your entire facility.
TEGG provides customized solutions that will suit your individual business needs and pay for themselves by helping avoid unplanned power outages and electrical fires. TEGG coincides with the NFPA 70B Standards, which details preventive maintenance for electrical, electronic, and communication systems and equipment, that helps prevent equipment failures and worker injuries. These innovative services are also important when achieving the necessary requirements for your facility to become Arc Flash Compliant according to the 6 Point Compliance Checklist.
Protecting Your Investment – Improving Life Safety TEGG Handout
Our Services Include
- Infrared Thermography
- Ultrasonic Testing
- De-Energized Testing
- Energized Testing
- Voltage and Ampere Diagnostics
- Power Factor Testing
- Proper Torquing
- Power Quality Analysis
- Surge Suppression Analysis
Our Markets Include
- Commercial Buildings
- Education Facilities
- Industrial Plants
How Will TEGG Protect Your Investment
- Business Interruptions: The fact is power surges, spikes, transients and poor or even no preventive maintenance is causing damage on a regular basis. These events wear down components and eventually cause premature failure. The more power your facility uses, the greater the risk of failure. Electrical failures are inevitable without preventive maintenance.
- Life/Safety Risks: Electrical distribution system malfunctions are now the leading cause of office structure and basic industry fire in the United States.
- Utility Costs: Without Preventive Maintenance, the Distribution System itself can waste on average $1,000 to $4,000 in Electric Utility Cost annually!
- Power Quality Analysis: Power quality problems cause loss of data and malfunction of computerized equipment.
- Surge Suppression: MISSION CriticalGard Surge Protection Systems protect your facility from lightning damage and transients.
- Insurance/Certification: Insurance companies lose millions of dollars each year due to electrical failure. When insurance companies lose, so do their customers. More and more, insurance companies are encouraging their customers to participate in electrical preventive maintenance. It’s a savings for all.
- Asset Management: The average life expectancy of your Electrical Distribution System is only 17 years when electrical preventive maintenance does not exist. When your electrical system is cared for, its life expectancy goes to an average of 35 years.
- Manufacturers’ Recommendations: All manufacturers of electrical equipment require periodical maintenance. A TEGG Service Contractor can meet those requirements and maximize the life of your facility’s electrical distribution system.
- Cost Benefit Analysis: The Estimated Cost Savings ( 12%-18%) The Epected Return on Investment ( 10x) Reduction in Maintenance Cost ( 25%-30%) Reduction in Downtown (35%-45%) Increase in Production ( 20%-25%)
What do our customer say?
Read our Customer Story from Dennis Spring, Trades Coordinator, at Roper St. Francis and the many benefits that our TEGG service has provided for his hospital.
“These services would be beneficial to all markets, not just healthcare. We are under a different standard because of DHEC and the dependability of being a hospital but with schools and any industrial or commercial building; you’re going to have a dependability that your system works. I could see this service being valuable to everyone” – Dennis Spring.
Proactive > Reactive