Protecting Your Investment, Improving Life Safety.
We offer customizable preventative maintenance solutions that will protect your electrical distribution system – and your entire facility.
A well-administered electrical preventive maintenance program will reduce accidents, save lives, minimize costly breakdowns and unplanned shutdowns of equipment
– National Fire Protection Association, NFPA 70B
1. Determine What is Critical to Your Operation:
We systematically identify safety risks and financial risks, as well as determine what electrical testing and maintenance procedures are already in place.
2. Perform a Comprehensive Survey of Your Electrical Distribution System:
We will complete an in-depth inventory of the electrical components in your facility and identify the most critical areas for your operation. We will evaluate the current condition of all equipment and develop recommendations for which pieces should be the highest priority.
3. Develop a Customized Maintenance Program:
Your facility’s maintenance program will include cost justification, safety compliance recommendations, and arc flash recommendations. In addition, the program will be carefully crafted to stay within your budget constraints.
Our extensive industry expertise and proven practices allow us to exceed expectations every time. We promise to provide you with the most advanced, thorough, and cost-effective program available on the market.
- Inspection by licensed electricians
- Infrared Thermography – Level I & Level II Thermography Certification
- Ultrasonic Testing – Level I & II Ultrasonic Inspection Certification (Watch Video)
- De-Energized Testing
- Energized Testing
- Voltage & Current Diagnostics
- Power Factor Testing
- Proper Torquing
- Power Quality Analysis
- Surge Suppression Analysis
- Electronic documentation
- Safety standards compliance
- Repairs and upgrades of electrical equipment
- Business Interruptions: Power surges, spikes, transients, and poor preventive maintenance can cause damage on a regular basis. These events wear down components and eventually cause premature failure. The more power your facility uses, the greater the risk of failure. Electrical failures are inevitable without preventive maintenance.
- Life/Safety Risks: According to the National Fire Protection Association, “A well-administered electrical preventive maintenance program will reduce accidents, save lives, minimize costly breakdowns and unplanned shutdowns of equipment.”
- Utility Costs: The National Energy Management Institute states that, “Improperly torqued connections and bad contacts cause increased amperage draw and power loss as well as heating and arcing (which is both ineffective and dangerous).” Without preventive maintenance, the distribution system can waste electricity, costing you more in utility bills.
- Power Quality Analysis: Power quality problems cause loss of data and malfunction of computerized equipment.
- Surge Suppression: Surge protection systems protect your facility from lightning damage and transients.
- Insurance/Certification: Insurance companies lose millions of dollars each year due to electrical failure. When insurance companies lose, so do their customers. More and more, insurance companies are encouraging their customers to participate in electrical preventive maintenance. It’s a saving for all.
- Asset Management: Keeping concise records, following-up on repairs, monitoring the operating parameters and conditions, and working safely are the keys to success. The average life expectancy of your electrical distribution system is only 17 years when electrical preventive maintenance is not performed. When your electrical system is cared for, its life expectancy can be 35 years.
- Manufacturers’ Recommendations: All manufacturers of electrical equipment require periodic maintenance. A TEGG Service Contractor can meet those requirements and maximize the life of your facility’s electrical distribution system.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis: Let us work with you to perform a cost-benefit analysis to determine the value of electrical preventive maintenance in your particular facility.
What do our customers say?
“Transworld’s services have given me the ability to be confident knowing that my equipment is dependable and knowing that we have a chance of catching something that has the potential to interrupt our power. I know that working with Transworld is so easy. Morgan, Steve and the all the guys help make it a great company to work with. Everyone is 24/7 reachable, they are indispensable; I call them and they are here. They have always shown up in an instant and dropped whatever they are doing to make sure I get the service that I need.”
Dennis Spring, Trades Coordinator, at Roper St. Francis.
Transworld’s services allowed me to find out the condition of the equipment. Transworld delivered diagrams of everything after the testing was complete. The report was very inclusive and had infrared heat readings of the controllers showing potential hotspots. This report allowed us to go into these panels with issues and correct hotspots. This experience has allowed me to become more conscience of safety regulations and the importance of preventative maintenance. If I can prevent one injury by implementing this service then the cost is minuscule compared to a possible injury on the job site.
Charles Hilton, Breezy Hill Water & Sewer Co. & National Rural Water Association President.
“We have been working with Transworld for many years on our normal, critical, and emergency electrical distribution systems. They have been thorough and professional in their accumulation of the information, root cause analysis, and reporting of actionable date to assure a safe and reliable operation. Transworld has provided a thorough PM service for our electrical distribution systems that has been effective in uncovering potential hazards and saving us time and money. Our relationship with Transworld has not only impacted our hospital but also our employees. Transworld shows their commitment to electrical safety in the community by educations our employees on residential fire prevention and safety tips that can be easily implemented into their homes. We recommend Transworld and their services for reliability and safety.”
Hospital Engineer Manager
Dorchester School District Two Facilities departments mission is to “Facilitate Learning”. Transworld, Inc. Electrical Contractors assist us to accomplish this, through ensuring our electrical distribution systems are safe and reliable for students, faculty, and staff. Dorchester School District Two has 25 schools, ranging from 85 years old to brand new. We elected to perform Transworld, Inc. Electrical Contractors testing services for 1/3 of our inventory each year to establish a maintenance routine that is responsive and budget minded. TEGG has successfully found potential electrical problems that can be repaired inexpensively and proactively to avoid problems and interruptions to the learning environment. Ultimately our repair expenses have been reduced since implementing a preventative maintenance program with Transworld, Inc. and their TEGG services.”
Director of Facilities, Dorchester School District Two
Transworld has provided a thorough PM service of our electrical systems at our treatment plants and well motors several times since 2011. They have been effective in uncovering potential failures, saving us time, money, and headaches, and backed up their guarantee on at least one occasion. We recommend their TEGG service for reliability and safety.
Water and Waste Management Engineer Manager
For more information on how Transworld, Inc. Electrical Contractors can help reduce costly repairs and downtown time while protecting employees from hazards, please contact us to talk to a professional.